Vision and Ethos
The village of Cheriton is known as the source of the River Itchen which then flows across Hampshire, via the city of Winchester and onwards, through Southampton, to the sea.
At Cheriton Primary School we seek to be the source of learning opportunities which will help to set our children on a course for a fulfilling and rewarding future.
We seek to develop, alongside the local community and other stakeholders:
- An environment and culture, based on respect, where children feel safe and valued; where they can take risks, develop a positive mind-set and where they grow in self-confidence.
- A curriculum which is relevant, challenging and engaging and which cultivates the key skills of communication, mathematics, enquiry and creativity. It should also develop the children’s spirituality through the consideration of their relationship with themselves, others, the world and the intangible.
- Life-long lovers of learning who are resilient, resourceful, reflective and who form productive relationships to support their learning.
- The children’s understanding of their social responsibility, of equality and tolerance within the many communities in which they live as well as the need to live in a sustainable way and be net contributors to society.
- Individuals who make informed choices to lead a safe and healthy lifestyle.