Cheriton School has its own kitchen in which school dinners are freshly prepared each day.
Children are able to select their meal choices in the morning. There is, therefore, no need to book lunches further in advance.
Payment For Meals
Each meal costs £2.15 although children in Years R, 1 & 2 receive a free school meal.
Ideally meals should be paid for in advance monthly but we can accept payments on a daily or weekly basis. Payments can be made by cash or cheque (made payable to Cheriton Primary School) via the school office or by using our online payment system.
Free School Meals
Some parents may be eligible to claim free school meals and this could mean that the school will receive additional funding to support children's learning known as Pupil Premium.
The criteria for eligibility is where parents/guardians are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers' Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual gross income, of no more than £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs1
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- All Universal Credit claimants are currently eligible for education benefits’